Half-day training course on social care case recording, to enable care and support staff to develop the knowledge, skills and confidence to produce effective daily notes and records.
- Describe why there is a need to record information
- Identify what can happen if there is a lack of effective recording (including being able to identify poor examples of recording and good examples)
- Explain the principles of effective recording (including promotion of anti-discriminatory practice)
- Demonstrate their ability to differentiate between fact and opinion
- Identify the knowledge and skills required to produce effective records
- Demonstrate their ability to identify relevant information to include in records
- Understand that case recordings may be requested by public bodies as part of an investigation or inspection, and that service users have a right to request access to their records
Ensure your staff can keep accurate, complete and detailed records of the service users they are working with.